Call us at 647-515-9368 (Toronto), 514-606-6767 (Quebec), 1-877-580-9719 (Other Regions In Canada) or Contact Us


Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have a new option for visiting Canada. As of December 1, 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa – which is valid for up to 10 years and allows an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status.


Determine your eligibility

Make sure you meet the basic requirements to visit Canada.

Apply for a Super Visa

Before you plan your visit, you should find out if you need a visa to enter Canada. You may need a temporary resident visa to visit Canada, depending upon your citizenship. If you do need a visa, find out how to apply.

Even if you do not need a visa you may still benefit from the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. If you would like to stay in Canada for up to two years, you may obtain a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa by applying for a temporary resident visa. You will also need to meet some specific requirements.

Check processing times

Most applications for super visas (temporary resident visas) are processed within a few weeks or less. Processing times vary depending on the visa office.

After you apply: get next steps

Find out what you should do after you apply for a super visa.

Prepare for your arrival

Be prepared and know what to expect when you arrive in Canada.

Extend your visa

To extend your stay in Canada, you should apply 30 days before your status expires.


Main Menu